The Mabar, Endless Night Event is one of the best public events I’ve come across in DDO. I like it better than the Risia Ice Games. Like most mini-games, its fun, a bit mindless but easy to learn and somewhat difficult to master. Here are some tips and tricks about the Endless Night Event:
- Where is it? Deleara’s Graveyard in House J
- When is it? From October 27th, and ends on Halloween, October 31st
- Read this first: Compendium’s Mabar Endless Night Festival Guide
- If you are curious about Endless Night Collectables & Crafting, go to DDOWiki.com:
- If you want to group. You can pretty much get Endless Night collectibles, crafting items, and Etheral keys without landing a killing blow or even doing damage. You randomly get them per kill your group does.
- You can still SOLO and get decent drops! Just crowd around other players to get size able spwns.
- As far as I can tell, If you use the Draught of Midnight, you have to do some damage to get a chance at some motes from the kill. Not cost effective for melees. Spell casters, don’t need to have the killing blow for a chance to get the motes. Trade ins from collectibles yields the most motes anyways.
- Each mob type corresponds with a level. If you are above the mobs’ level by 4 levels, you will get nothing not even motes if you took the Draught of Midnight. To see which mob is your level visit the Compendium Endless Night Festival Guide
- The number of spawns per area is dependent up on the number of players in the same local area (within visible range). The more players you have in the same area, the more spawns.
- Its really best to be in a large group all at the same level - high level players will get nothing from low end mobs. Lower levels players will probably end up getting killed by the high end mobs.
- Clerics are the rulers of Endless Night. Radiant Servant does 1d8 positive energy damage per level. My level 12 cleric/7 monk/1 fighter was doing around 290 damage with empowered healing & devotion item
Chamber of Summoning Tips
- To open the summoning chamber you need to turn in collectibles. Talk to Joe Lantern to find out how many are needed.
- Don’t bother turning in collectibles while the Chamber is resetting, you’ll get your motes, but you won’t contribute to the public raid.
- You need a Etheral key to get into the Summoning Chamber. Keys drop randomly as collectibles from mobs.
- In the Summoning Chamber, there are 4 shrines. Players must protect each shrine from being destroyed shadow gargoyles and the Eternity, the spectral dragon
- Above each summoning chamber, is a leaver nook. Players must keep the gem lit and shadow gargoyles occupied. You only need about 2 to 4 players here.
- Wander around the first level to check and see how many players are in each of the leaver nooks and shrine rooms. Try to pick a spot that needs more people, this will balance out the areas insuring that none of the shrines is destroyed.
- When the Spectral Dragon appears, kill it. Don’t forget to protect the shrine. Eternity will teleport to another shrine room and the players in that room must try and kill her too.
- When the dragon dies your reward is a single spectral dragon scale. You can use this scale to craft upgrades for your Endless night uber item.
Myths About Endless Night Event
- False: In a group, you need land a killing blow on the mob to get collectibles, crafting ingredients, and keys.
- Like I said above, your group needs to kill the mob and you randomly get a collectible from the kill. If your soloing it, you need to do the majority of damage to the mob by the time it dies.
- False: You get collectibles, crafting ingredients, and keys from any mob.
- Your mob must be the same level as you or higher. If you are 4 levels above the mob, you will get nothing. You will get a “This creature was too weak to give rewards” message.
- False: Litch dust never drops.
- Yes it does, be patient. Kill more litches.